The Board has two stages for Examinations:
- Intermediate level (Written only-Arch /Qs and allied professions) and
- Final level (Assessment of Logbook+ Oral and Written exams)
Eligibility for Examination:
Prospective candidates wishing to register with the Board to sit for its examinations are required to fill in the Candidacy Registration Form. The form must duly be filled and submitted to the Board together with relevant certificates - academic and professional certificates, supported by transcripts and three colored passport size photographs taken on white background.
The Board has set Minimum Entry Requirements which will guide a candidate to determine examination entry point depending on prior qualifications obtained earlier.
A candidate must have:
- Graduate in Arch/Qs/Cm/Bs/LA/ID/TA;
- Practical training of at least two years in the Construction Industry;
- Successful assessment of logbooks (Practical experience report-50%) and Oral interview (50%)
- Other conditions of examinations are in the Bylaws 2015 (Failure & Re-sitting; cheating, Appeal etc
Closing date for Candidacy Registration
A prospective candidate may register any time during the year, however, there is a need to observe the dates one wishes to take the examination so as to lodge the application within the stated dates. However, the Board allows prospective candidates to register for candidacy and examination registration at the same time. Closing dates for submitting the candidacy and examination registration forms is 30th April for the May Examinations and 30th September for the October examinations.
Applications received beyond closing dates are liable for a Penalty Fee.
Mode of Payment
Payments relating to Candidacy Registration or Exemption and other related fees should be made through AQRB MIS Portal
A registered candidate may be deregistered from Board as spelt out in the ByLaws