Professionals Registration (i.e. Arch, Qs, CM, etc)
1. Local Professionals
After successful completion of the Board Exams, a Graduate Professional will fill in an application form available on the website which will later be reviewed by the Board.
Things to accompany the application form include:
- Copy of relevant certificates issued by the Board;
- Names and addresses of an employer or personal physical addresses
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Post-graduation professional experience under the supervision of registered professional for not less than two (2) years
- Proof of payment of the prescribed non-refundable application fee
2. Foreign Professionals
Foreign Professionals (i.e. “Temporary member”) means a person who is not a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania; and who qualifies to be registered by the Board as such and has met the conditions stipulated for that registration under the Law.
A foreigner should fill in an application for registration of a Foreign Professional in chosen professionals forms are available in the website and attach the following:
- Certified copies of relevant certificates issued by a professional body of equivalent standing existing outside Tanzania;
- Name and address of employer to act as a referee;
- Proof of employment with a local employer;
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant;
- Proof of signed local counterpart agreements for the objective of capacity building
- Proof of payment of the prescribed non-refundable application fees
- Sign an undertaking that upon registration, that person shall observe the provisions of the Act, By-Laws, Regulations and other Pronouncement in force; and not use the designation or designatory letters before being registered or after ceasing to be a registered member and, undertake to fully comply with the code of ethics and conduct issued by the Board
The Board shall, upon consideration of the application under this regulation, grant a successful applicant with a temporary registration certificate.
After successful registration with the Board, the registered Foreign Professionals will have to sit and pass the oral professional interview conducted by the Board within two years after being registered, and on such other terms as the Board may, from time to time, determine.
3. Semi-Professionals –Local
The Board registers semi-professionals who are graduates in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, and allied disciplines. Technicians and Draughtsmen. Registration of this category does not consider foreign and do not need written examinations and oral interview.
The applicants are required to fill applications forms and submit them to the Board accompanied with their certified copies of academic certificates, current CV, two passport size photographs, and pay the registration fee
Note: All registrations are done through online registration system (https://ors.aqrb.go.tz)